Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 10





By using the pen tool, paint brush, and photoshop effect in Adobe Illustrator, I was able to illustrate a photo of my boyfriend in front of a piece of art in Millennium Park.  The concept that I choose to illustrate was an actual happening, that I wanted to portray in an illustration.  I feel that it not only is a person illustration that includes the silhouette of my boyfriend, but gives the viewer a realistic illustration of the building and artwork within a portion of Millennium Park.
My primary purpose was to portray this photo as realistically as possible, which is why I used the photoshop effects that I did.  For example, the blueish purple piece of art in the center of the illustration is an artwork that uses water and light to give it a glowing effect; therefore, I found that by using the three different effects that I chose, I was able to give a water fall effect to the piece of art.  In addition, I choose to give the buildings a "brick-like" effect in each of my three illustrations, as to make them as legitimate as possible.   I used the same concept of realism while creating the trees and their texture, so that the trees look at "leafy" as possible.  I felt that the use of the photoshop effects that I used added a crucial component to my illustration.
The color scheme within the three variations of my illustration are constant with each other as well as with the original photograph because of the purpose of realism.  I choose to be consistent with the composition within my three variations, as well as consistent with the actual composition of my boyfriend in millennium park because I wanted people to be able to locate this piece of artwork in Millennium Park.
Within my three variations of this illustration I choose to change the composition in each so that one can have multiple angles on this illustration.  In addition, I found that by taking my boyfriend out of the third variation of this set of illustrations I feel that it allows the viewer of the illustration to see the bare city and art, without the distraction of a human in front of the art.
Another portion of composition that I choose to alter within the variations was the stretch of the illustration, for example the primary illustration, which includes the entire skyline behind the piece of artwork, as well as my boyfriend in the foreground, has realistic portions in regards to the building, artwork, and my boyfriend.  However, the two other variations either stretch, or "squish" the portions of the entire illustration.  The third illustration, without my boyfriend in the foreground, minimizes the size of the buildings, while stretching the size of the artwork, so that the artwork is the main focus of the illustration.





No comments:

Post a Comment