Monday, September 14, 2009

Week 4

Before:
After.


Craft: I used a picture that I took in China Town as a backdrop and then utilized the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator to trace my own illustration on top of it. I used the eye-drop tool for my color choice in my illustration, which is why the colors are as they are. The colors in my illustration are close to, if not the same, as the actual colors in the picture.


Concept: I choose to illustrate this picture because, once it is finished, I think that it will be an interesting and informational illustration. I also liked that the sky was going to be incorporated into my illustration so that my viewers would be aware that this picture was taken from a low angle in comparison to the street sign.


Composition: I choose to take a few things out of my illustration for different reasons. I choose to eliminate the dragon because when I sized my illustration, the only part of the dragon that fit into my illustration was the tail, and I thought that it looked odd in my picture. I'm also going to take out the wire that is going across the top of the photograph because it is pretty pointless. I am, however, going to add some detail to my banner, as well as add the street names to the street signs in my illustration because I think that it is important for my viewer to be aware of where this particular street sign is, so that they don't think it is just some random street sign/lamp post. I'm also going to add some detail to the actual post, and touch up the security on the top of the post.



**This is a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment